- Music We Recommend -
Willie Nelson - First Rose Of Spring
An atmospheric soulful showcase of beautifully-written songs and poignant performances, First Rose Of Spring is the artist's first new release since winning the 2020 Best Country Solo Performance Grammy Award--Willie's 10th overall, not including his Grammy Legend and Lifetime Achievement Awards--for "Ride Me Back Home," the title track from his 2019 Legacy Recordings release. The previous year, My Way, Willie's musical homage to Frank Sinatra took home the Grammy for Best Traditional Pop Vocal Album.
Premiering 11 new Willie Nelson studio performances and featuring original artwork created by Willie's son Micah, First Rose Of Spring finds Willie working again with longtime friend and producer Buddy Cannon and debuts two new songs co-written by the pair: "Blue Star" and "Love Just Laughed."
Alongside his new compositions on the album, Willie pays musical tribute to a variety of pop and country songwriters and performers, interpreting songs penned by Toby Keith ("Don't Let The Old Man In"), Billy Joe Shaver ("We Are The Cowboys") and Pete Graves ("Just Bummin' Around" - a song recorded by Jimmy Dean, Dean Martin and others).
1. First Rose Of Spring (Randy Houser, Allen Shamblin & Mark Beeson)
2. Blue Star (Willie Nelson & Buddy Cannon)
3. I'll Break Out Again Tonight (Sanger "Whitey" Shafer & Doodle Owens)
4. Don't Let The Old Man In (Toby Keith)
5. Just Bummin' Around (Pete Graves)
6. Our Song (Chris Stapleton)
7. We Are The Cowboys (Billy Joe Shaver)
8. Stealing Home (Marla Cannon-Goodman, Casey Beathard & Don Sampson)
9. I'm The Only Hell My Mama Ever Raised (Wayne Kemp, Bobby Borchers & Mack Vickery)
10. Love Just Laughed (Willie Nelson & Buddy Cannon)
11. Yesterday When I Was Young (Hier Encore) (Charles Aznavour & Herbert Kretzmer)
- Books We Recommend -
Don't Burn This Book
Don't Burn This Book: Thinking for Yourself in an Age of Unreason by Dave Rubin
The left is no longer liberal.
Once on the side of free speech and tolerance, progressives now ban speakers from college campuses, "cancel" people who aren't up to date on the latest genders, and force religious people to violate their conscience. They have abandoned the battle of ideas and have begun fighting a battle of feelings. This uncomfortable truth has turned moderates and true liberals into the politically homeless class.
Dave Rubin launched his political talk show The Rubin Report in 2015 as a meeting ground for free thinkers who realize that partisan politics is a dead end. He hosts people he both agrees and disagrees with--including those who have been dismissed, deplatformed, and despised--taking on the most controversial issues of our day. As a result, he's become a voice of reason in a time of madness.
Now, Rubin gives you the tools you need to think for yourself in an age when tribal outrage is the only available alternative. Based on his own story as well as his experiences from the front lines of the free speech wars, this book will empower you to make up your own mind about what you believe on any issue and teach you the fine art of:
• Checking your facts, not your privilege, when it comes to today's most pervasive myths, from the wage gap and gun violence to climate change and hate crimes.
• Standing up to the mob against today's absurd PC culture, when differences of opinion can bring relationships, professional or personal, to a sudden end.
• Defending classically liberal principles such as individual rights and limited government, because freedom is impossible without them.
The Progressive Woke Machine is waging war against the last free thinkers in the world. Don't Burn This Book is the definitive account of our current political upheaval and your guide to surviving it.
Advertise with us! firstname.lastname@example.org re: Advertising Info.